“A very simple and easy marinade that makes your shrimp so yummy you don’t even need cocktail sauce! Don’t let the cayenne pepper scare you, you don’t even taste it. My 2 and 4 year-olds love it and eat more shrimp than their parents! It is also a big hit with company, and easy to prepare. I make this with frozen or fresh shrimp and use my indoor electric grill if the weather is not good for outside grilling. Try it with a salad, baked potato, and garlic bread. You will not be disappointed!!!” Marinated Grilled Shrimp Breasts – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, stir together the garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, and red wine vinegar.
- Season with basil, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Add shrimp to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head.
- Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 273 calories; 14.7 g fat; 2.8 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 230 mg cholesterol; 472 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Blondie Perez, Photo Credit: Annie Thorne (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.