“We can’t wait to make this delicious, slightly spicy soup every summer when zucchini and squash are plentiful in our garden. We like to serve this soup with warm tortillas.” Mexican Zucchini Cheese Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut in
- 1/4 inch slices1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 12 ounces processed cheese food, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot, and saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- Season with oregano.
- Mix in the chicken broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Mix in the zucchini, yellow squash, corn, and chile peppers.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Mix the cubed processed cheese into the soup.
- Continue to cook and stir until cheese is melted. Season with pepper.
- Mix in the cilantro just before serving.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 307 calories; 17.5 g fat; 26.2 g carbohydrates; 14.7 g protein; 48 mg cholesterol; 1829 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Always Cooking, Photo Credit: Triple Z (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.