“These breakfast muffin sandwiches are perfecto for a quick breakfast at home. I like to freeze them and pop them in the microwave for a grab and go breakfast. These sandwiches don’t need to be made with sausage, they can be made vegetarian, with ham, bacon or any type of meat you enjoy in the mornings.” Muffin Morning Makers – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 (12 ounce) package English muffins
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 ounces ground breakfast sausage
- Split the muffins open with a fork and toast them in a toaster oven.
- In a large bowl scramble the eggs, green onions and cheddar cheese together. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet, pour the egg mixture into the skillet and let it fry in one layer as you would an omelet.
- When the egg is cooked on the underside, flip the egg over and cook the wet side; remove from heat when cooked through.
- At the same time that the eggs are frying, form the sausage into small patties.
- Place the sausage in another skillet.
- Fry until browned, remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Make the muffin sandwiches by layering a piece of sausage and a piece of the fried egg between the two muffin pieces. If you intend to freeze the sandwiches, let each part of the sandwich cool before make the sandwiches, then wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze. Reheat in the microwave.
Per Serving: 379 calories; 21.1 g fat; 26.9 g carbohydrates; 20.2 g protein; 221 mg cholesterol; 512 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Sandipants, Photo Credit: Samalegre (pixabay)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.