/ tags mulligatawny, recipes, soup
“The name Mulligatawny means ‘pepper water’, and curry is the particular ingredient that gives this incredible soup such a delicious flavor… so I’m told. This old recipe was given to me long ago.” Mulligatawny Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
1 h 20 m
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup white rice
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half – cut into cubes
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, heated
- Saute onions, celery, carrot, and butter in a large soup pot.
- Add flour and curry, and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add chicken stock, mix well, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer about 1/2 hour.
- Add apple, rice, chicken, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes, or until rice is done.
- When serving, add hot cream.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 223 calories; 15.8 g fat; 13.5 g carbohydrates; 6.9 g protein; 62 mg cholesterol; 734 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Lise P. Photo Credit: A and J SeppySills (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments