“Minty cool low carb grasshopper pie. With an easy chocolate crust and a no-bake filling, this is a perfect dessert!” No Bake Keto Grasshopper Pie – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 & 1/4 cup almond flour Honeyville
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- 3 & 1/2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 & 1/2 cups cream divided
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp vodka or water
- 2 tsp grassfed gelatin or one envelope Knox unflavoured gelatin
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 drop green gel food colouring optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, and sweetener. Add melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie pan.
- Refrigerate until filling is ready.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, bring 1 & 1/2 cups cream and mint leaves to a simmer. Remove from heat, cover with a lid and let steep 30 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl or glass measuring cup, to remove mint leaves. Set aside.
- In the saucepan, whisk together vodka or water and gelatin. Let stand one minute to gel, then add strained cream mixture and mint extract. Return to medium heat and whisk until gelatin is dissolved and mixture is hot to the touch.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with powdered sweetener. Slowly whisk in about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture to temper yolks, then slowly whisk egg yolks back into hot cream. Whisk until mixture thickens slightly and reaches about 160F on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in green food colouring, if using. Refrigerate until cool and thickened to a pudding-like consistency, about half an hour, whisking every few minutes to avoid clumps.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl beat remaining cream to stiff peaks. When mint mixture is cool, gently fold into whipped cream to combine.
- Spread in prepared crust and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Garnish with more whipped cream and chocolate shavings, as desired.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 23.8 g fat; 7.1 g carbohydrates; 6.6 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Catherine Cat (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.