“This is potato salad the old-fashioned way, with eggs, celery and relish. It’s really good to serve with chili.” Old Fashioned Potato Salad – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 5 potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, cool, peel and chop.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, celery salt, mustard, pepper and mayonnaise.
- Mix together well and refrigerate until chilled.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 206 calories; 7.6 g fat; 30.5 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 72 mg cholesterol; 335 mg sodium.
Recipe by: jewellkay, Photo Credit: Leslie Green (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.