“Easy and light pasta with tomatoes and garlic. Cooked chicken breast chunks or shrimp can also be added to sauce for a great main dish!” Pasta Pomodoro – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- crushed red pepper to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Pour olive oil in a large deep skillet over high-heat. Saute onions and garlic until lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium-high and add tomatoes, vinegar and chicken broth; simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Stir in red pepper, black pepper, basil and cooked pasta, tossing thoroughly with sauce. Simmer for about 5 more minutes and serve topped with grated cheese.
Per Serving: 500 calories; 18.3 g fat; 69.7 g carbohydrates; 16.2 g protein; 6 mg cholesterol; 350 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Deb N. James, Photo Credit: Eaters Collective (unsplash)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.