“Even though pumpkin is a fall favorite, this spice cake recipe using canned pumpkin puree is good any time of the year.” Pumpkin Cake – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 10-inch bundt or tube pan.
- Blend oil, beaten eggs, pumpkin and vanilla together.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, ground nutmeg, ground allspice, ground cinnamon, ground cloves and salt together. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined. If desired, stir in some chopped nuts. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cake cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a plate and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
Per Serving: 517 calories; 26.6 g fat; 66.4 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 258 mg sodium.
Recipe by: D Adams, Photo Credit: Pixel1 (pixabay)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.