“This delicious, cream-like soup is served at our family’s Thanksgiving dinner every year.” Pumpkin Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups cubed fresh pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- Cut pumpkin into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Puree the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender.
- Return to pan and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Enjoy! 🙂
You may use 3 to 4 cups of frozen pumpkin in place of the fresh pumpkin, if you prefer.
Per Serving: 86 calories; 6 g fat; 6.9 g carbohydrates; 1.9 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 1163 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Lea Ogawa, Photo Credit: congerdesign (pixabay)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments