“My husband was the inspiration for this recipe. These rolls are extremely tasty and are not heavy. The secret to this recipe lies in the frosting. As they say the easiest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach!” Savory Cinnamon Rolls – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture with the cake mix, salt and vanilla; stir well to combine. Stir in the flour; beat well. Cover bowl and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Deflate dough and turn it out onto a well floured surface. Roll dough out into a rectangle and spread with butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Roll up dough and cut into 3/4 inch thick rolls. Place rolls in two lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pans.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake rolls in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. While rolls are baking, prepare the frosting. In a medium bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar, 1/3 cup butter, vanilla and milk.
- Let rolls cool slightly then spread with frosting.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 286 calories; 7.9 g fat; 50.4 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 17 mg cholesterol; 213 mg sodium.
Recipe by: MEFROMNWIA, Photo Credit: Olivia DF (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.