Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
“You can call this soup or chili, but either way it is wonderful! This recipe is also very adaptable to your personal taste. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if you like. I hope you enjoy!” Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker.
- Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients.
- Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled.
- Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours.
- Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 434 calories; 17.7 g fat; 42.3 g carbohydrates; 27.2 g protein; 68 mg cholesterol; 1597 mg sodium.
Recipe by: RaisinKane aka Patti, Photo Credit: christopher575 (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.