Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
/ tags dinner, pepper, recipes, slow cooker, steak
“Very tender and flavorful, this recipe is one of our family’s favorites. It’s great to make ahead of time in the slow cooker and then serve over rice, egg noodles, or chow mein.” Slow Cooker Pepper Steak – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
4 h 30 m
- 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into
- 2 inch strips garlic powder to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved.
- Pour into the slow cooker with meat.
- Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Enjoy! 🙂
(Easy Cleanup) Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 301 calories; 15.8 g fat; 11.7 g carbohydrates; 28.2 g protein; 65 mg cholesterol; 1189 mg sodium.
Recipe by: M.J. Wagner 68, Photo Credit: Man Vyl (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments