“My mom makes these every year. They are my favorite breakfast by far! I usually double the filling.” Strawberry Blintzes – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, or as needed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed, or to taste
- Beat eggs, flour, and salt together in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in milk and 1 1/2 tablespoon butter gradually.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let batter rest in the refrigerator, at least 2 hours.
- Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a blender; blend until filling is smooth.
- Melt a bit of butter in a large skillet or crepe pan over medium heat.
- Ladle in a small amount of batter and swirl skillet to spread batter in a thin layer. Cook until set, about 30 seconds.
- Flip and continue cooking until second side is cooked, about 10 seconds.
- Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Repeat with remaining butter and batter.
- Spoon filling onto blintzes and fold. Top with strawberries.
Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 201 calories; 10.3 g fat; 20 g carbohydrates; 7.6 g protein; 82 mg cholesterol; 297 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Morgan, Photo Credit: Star St.Germain (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.