“This chicken dish uses skinless boneless chicken breasts and tastes delicious. It’s great as an appetizer or as a main dish served with rice and a veggie.” Sweet, Sticky and Spicy Chicken – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
Editor’s Note: If you saw this recipe in the “Vegetable Insurgency” article in the Jun/Jul/Aug 2015 issue of Allrecipes, we added 1/2 lb. of broccoli florets to it. If you want to add the crunch of crisp-tender broccoli to this dish, add the florets in Step 3 when you brown the chicken strips.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 232 calories; 9.3 g fat; 13.9 g carbohydrates; 22.8 g protein; 59 mg cholesterol; 1176 mg sodium.
Recipe by: katemartinoblog.wordpress.com, Photo Credit: Travis Yewell (unsplash)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.