Thai Coconut Soup
/ tags recipes, soup, thai coconut
“Authentic, bold, and delicious Thai flavors make this soup irresistible! This is the best Thai coconut soup I’ve had. You won’t be disappointed with this one! Serve over steamed rice.” Thai Coconut Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
1 h 5 m
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 stalk lemon grass, minced
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 (13.5 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1/2 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste in the heated oil for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually.
- Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp; cook until no longer translucent about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice; season with salt; garnish with cilantro.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 375 calories; 33.2 g fat; 9.4 g carbohydrates; 13.7 g protein; 89 mg cholesterol; 1059 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Jessica, Photo Credit: Alan Spedding (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments