Vanilla Ice Cream with traditional frozen custard recipe — sugar, eggs and milk are cooked, then combined with whipped cream, chilled overnight, and frozen in an ice cream maker. Vanilla Ice Cream – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In medium saucepan over low heat, stir together sugar, milk and eggs. Cook, stirring continuously, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, 10 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice, and whip until medium-stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cooled custard. Chill in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Stir chilled mixture to recombine, and freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 23.9 g fat; 28.4 g carbohydrates; 3.8 g protein; 130 mg cholesterol; 72 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Jodi, Photo Credit: JSchley
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.