Watermelon Basil Salad
“A quick salad of watermelon and basil. The chili powder plays well with the sweetness of the melon.” Watermelon Basil Salad – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 4 cups 1/2-inch cubes watermelon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Stack basil leaves on top of each other and roll tightly into a log.
- Slice lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Combine basil slices and watermelon in a large bowl.
- Drizzle lemon juice over watermelon.
- Mix salt and chili powder together in a small bowl; sprinkle over watermelon and toss to combine.
- Chill salad before serving, at least 30 minutes.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 10 calories; 0.1 g fat; 2.5 g carbohydrates; 0.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 122 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Chef Thompson, Photo Credit: RugBird Brenka (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.