Whole Grain Waffles
“I love experimenting with recipes, and I came up with this one after a lot of experimenting with my favorite waffle recipe. These are more filling than your average waffles. I use aluminum-free baking powder. These are wonderful with homemade blueberry syrup.” Whole Grain Waffles – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Beat in whole wheat pastry flour, flax seed meal, wheat germ, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until batter is smooth.
- Preheat a waffle iron, and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into waffle iron in batches, and cook until crisp and golden brown.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 288 calories; 15.8 g fat; 28.4 g carbohydrates; 9.9 g protein; 63 mg cholesterol; 394 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Michelle Ramey, Photo Credit: silviarita (pixabay)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.