“These easy low carb zucchini fritters (zucchini pancakes) can be baked or fried and are delicious on their own or with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy at breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a snack.” Low Carb Zucchini Fritters – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 pound zucchini or Summer squash or both (450 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 ounce onion or two medium scallions minced (40 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour (45 grams)
- 1/4 cup Oat Fiber 500 (or more almond flour or coconut flour) (15 grams)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (30 grams)
- oil of choice for frying
- Grate the zucchini on a box grater or in a food processor. Put the zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with the teaspoon of salt. Mix the zucchini gently to distribute the salt and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Squeeze the zucchini out with your hands and place into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and scallion to the zucchini and mix together. In a small bowl, add the rest of the dry ingredients and stir together. Add them to the zucchini and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a medium to large pan over medium – high heat. Pour in enough oil to completely cover the bottom surface of the pan. When it looks hot, stick the end of a wooden spoon into the oil and check for bubbles. If the bubbles are moving quickly, then the oil is hot enough.
- Stir the zucchini mixture one more time and dip a 1/4 cup measuring cup into the batter, level off. Dump the batter into the pan and gently push it into a flat pancake shape with the back of a metal spatula/flipper. Cook for three minutes adjusting the heat up or down as needed, then flip, cooking for another three minutes. Add more oil to the pan as needed to prevent sticking.
- Drain the zucchini fritters on a paper towel before serving.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- I did not even attempt to account for the calories and fat contributed from the oil for frying. The nutritional facts are only for the ingredients in the fritters.
Per Serving: 81 calories; 6 g fat; 5 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Catherine C. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.