“Keep everyone happy with this satisfying, cheese-topped keto masterpiece. Meat pie may be a little old-school, but it’s time to rediscover its deliciousness. Any cook can get rave reviews from this easy-to-follow recipe. Serve lukewarm for peak flavor. Great for packed lunches, too.” Keto Meat Pie – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 20 oz. ground beef or ground lamb
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano or dried basil
- 4 tbsp tomato paste or ajvar relish
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp water
- 8 oz. cottage cheese
- 7 oz. shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Fry onion and garlic in butter or olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes, until the onion is soft. Add the ground beef and keep frying. Add oregano or basil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato paste, pesto or ajvar relish – use what you have on hand. Add water. Lower the heat and let simmer for at least 20 minutes. While the meat simmers, make the dough for the crust.
- Mix all the dough ingredients in a food processor for a few minutes until the dough turns into a ball. If you don’t have a food processor, you can mix by hand with a fork.
- Place a round piece of parchment paper in a well-greased springform pan — 9-10 inches in diameter — to make it easier to remove the pie when it’s done. (You can also use a deep-dish pie pan.) Spread the dough in the pan and up along the sides. Use a spatula or well-greased fingers.
- Pre-bake the crust for 10-15 minutes. Take it out of the oven and place the meat in the crust. Mix cottage cheese and shredded cheese together, and layer on top of the pie.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes on lower rack or until the pie has turned a golden color.
- Serve with a fresh green salad and dressing.
- This keto minced meat pie has an easily worked dairy-free pie crust. Here, we have filled it with meat and cheese, but you can use any filling you like. This dish is so versatile, the only limit is your imagination!
Per Serving: 533 calories; 47 g fat; 7 g carbohydrates; 38 g protein.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia, Photo Credit: hlphoto
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.