“A delicious traditional keto flan with caramel syrup. This rich custard dessert is baked with caramelized sweetener at the bottom of the baking dish.” Keto Flan – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 cup low carb sugar substitute divided (Swerve or other sweetener works too)
- 1/4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses optional (for color and flavor)
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 5 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup granular sweetener with blackstrap molasses on medium-low until melted. Once melted, stir to blend and quickly pour into the bottom of a 2-quart round baking dish or 9.5 inch deep dish pie pan. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- In medium saucepan, heat cream and water to a boil. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, and 1/2 cup granular sweetener. Stir 1 cup of warm cream mixture into egg mixture.
- Return all to pan and mix well. Stir in vanilla. Pour over the carmelized sweetener in the prepared pan.
- Place baking dish in a larger baking pan. Fill larger pan with boiling water to a depth of about 1 inch.
- Bake at 325°F for 55-60 minutes are until center is set (mixture should wiggle a bit). Remove baking dish with flan and set on a wire rack.
- Allow to cool for about an hour then place in refrigerator to chill completely.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 294 calories; 27.3 g fat; 0.5 g carbohydrates; 5.2 g protein; 131 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Natali Zakharova
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.