“Today, I will be making a flan, which will have a firm and robust custard that will hold its shape outside a ramekin. We will also be creating a caramel sauce with it that will become the top and most delicious part of this custard.” Keto Flan – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 cup erythritol, for caramel
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup erythritol, for custard
- In a deep pan, heat up the erythritol for the caramel. Stir it frequently.
- Add in the water and butter.
- Stir occasionally until the sauce has become a golden brown.
- Pour into the bottom of each ramekin, covering the bottom nicely. Set aside and let them cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the heavy whipping cream, remaining erythritol, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your whole eggs. Then add in the yolks, whisking once more.
- Slowly stir your eggs into the cream mix.
- Pour the custard into each ramekin, on top of the caramel.
- Place the ramekins into a casserole dish and fill over half way with hot water.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven but leave the ramekins in the hot water for another 10 minutes.
- Using tongs, take out the ramekins and let them sit for at least 4 hours, or overnight, in the fridge.
- When ready to eat, take a knife and slowly run it on the inside of the custard to release it from the ramekin.
- Turn the ramekin upside down and slowly jiggle the custard onto the plate.
Per Serving: 298 calories; 31.5 g fat; 2.4 g carbohydrates; 4.5 g protein; 101 mg cholesterol; 223 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Gina (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.