“A low carb pie perfect to serve on holidays. This sugar free coconut cream pie recipe has a light and flaky gluten free crust with a smooth creamy filling.” Low Carb Coconut Cream Pie – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup low carb sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour sifted
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 13 ounces canned coconut milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup low carb sweetener
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut to toast
- 1 teaspoon grass-fed gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons low carb sweetener
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- Melt butter in large bowl.
- Add almond flour, eggs, sweetener, and salt to butter mix well.
- Stir in coconut flour and shredded coconut until a dough forms.
- Roll out dough between parchment or wax paper.
- Take top sheet of paper off dough and invert into a pie pan.
- Press to fix any cracked areas of crust and flute edges.
- Using a fork, poke small holes throughout the crust.
- Bake crust at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Allow crust to cool.
- Heat coconut milk until hot, but not boiling. Meanwhile, beat egg yolks in a small bowl with a fork until well blended.
- When coconut milk is hot, slowly add about 4 tablespoons to egg yolks, stirring quickly with a fork after each small addition.
- Pour yolk mixture slowly into hot coconut milk.
- Reduce heat to low, then gently sprinkle and whisk in sweetener and xanthan gum.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until thickened, then remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Spoon into medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap directly on so skin won’t form. Place filling in refrigerator to chill at least 4 hours.
- Spread coconut on a baking sheet and toast in 375°F oven just until golden (about 3-5 minutes). Remove and allow to cool on rack.
- Pour one tablespoon water in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin on top. Once gelatin has softened, stir in 1 tablespoon hot water until all gelatin has dissolved.
- With an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream with the 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3 tablespoons sweetener until soft peaks form. Slowly pour in dissolved gelatin mixture and beat cream until stiff.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in the chilled coconut pudding, adding a small amount at a time until smooth.
- Fold in about half the whipped cream into the cream cheese pudding mixture until smooth.
- Spread coconut pudding cream mixture into the cooled crust. Top with the remaining whipped cream and sprinkle the toasted coconut on top.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- 12 slices
Per Serving: 444 calories; 43.2 g fat; 8.5 g carbohydrates; 6.8 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Catherine C. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.