“Flavor wise, this chicken is fantastic. I think the depth of flavor that the Hoisen sauce adds makes it worth the extra few carbs, same goes with the chili paste.” Keto Bites: General Tso’s Chicken – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 6-7 small chicken breasts
- ¾ cup crushed pork Rinds
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sugar ketchup
- 2 tablespoons erythritol
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Put pork rinds in the food processor and pulse them until crushed.
- Combine almond flour with pork rinds in one bowl, scramble 2 eggs in another bowl.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Wash and cube chicken breasts.
- Dip chicken in egg, dip chicken in pork rinds and almond flour.
- Fry chicken in olive and coconut oil.
- Make sauce and cover chicken with sauce.
- Bake chicken in sauce for 1 hour, turning/mixing chicken every 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 566 calories; 37.3 g fat; 4.5 g carbohydrates; 59.3 g protein; 277 mg cholesterol; 170 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: James L. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.